Dangggg, it’s been a while since I put together a dedicated post to the Cannabis section of the blog. I suppose there hasn’t been a ton to report on; unfortunately I had a misfire with some crops a few months back, but it seems we are on the mend with some new strains which are currently developing in the veg stage, while two other plants just entered the flowering stage.
Blueberry Muffins- a delicious part of any breakfast, and really just a versatile food item- you could enjoy one as a dessert or even a midday snack. I’m a big fan of some crumbles on top of the muffin, and naturally, it has to be loaded with fresh blueberries. I always say, one of the perks of some of my hospital visits is that they have a mean blueberry muffin available on the breakfast menu- crumbles and all.
Today, however, we aren’t talking about the type of blueberry muffins that you bake in your kitchen, people. Today, I will share with you the wonders of growing Blueberry Muffins via a seed, soil, water, and ol’ fashion sunlight! Artificial sunlight, in this case…
About 6 weeks ago I germinated and successfully planted 5 new seeds called Blueberry Muffins, an indica strain developed by the Humboldt Seed Company. These nugs will supposedly produce a sweet-strong blueberry scent, while providing heavy relief for the body- gently guiding one to that low key, melting into the couch, chill mode state. Supposedly excellent for those nagging aches and pains as well. These plants will need another 3-6 weeks until we kick start them into flowering mode, adjusting the light cycle from 18hrs on/6 off to 12hrs on/12 off.
The other two plants I have going are autoflowering plants called “LA OG Kush”. Autoflowering plants are different in that they automatically switch into flowering mode based on time, rather than light cycle. These seeds usually only need a few weeks in the vegetative stage until they switch to flowering. They are usually easier to grow, although generally produce smaller yields.
These seeds were some freebies from a while back; Unfortunately, I almost lost these two due to an odd light cycle incident (damn power outage), but they are slowly back on the mend. I doubt they will produce a massive yield but I figured at this rate, might as well keep them going and see what happens.
Ultimately, I’m satisfied with the Blueberry Muffin process thus far. All five plants appear to be strong and healthy; I recently moved them into their larger pots and I think they’re really going to take off over the next few weeks with all that extra room to grow. These gems still have quite a while until we get to enjoy the nugs, with the process providing an opportunity to practice patience and really dial it in with these plants, putting all my energy and good juju into them.
Here’s to a homemade batch of Blueberry Muffins, Happy Baking!